Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Form clock to watch
Transcript of Form clock to watch
Digital clocks display a numeric representation of time. Two numeric display formats are commonly used on digitalclocks:
•the 24-hour notation with hours ranging 00–23;
•the 12-hour notation with AM/PM indicator
wear on the left wrist
if they are right-handed
wear on the right wrist
if they are left-handed
A candle clock is a thin candle with consistently spaced markings (usually with numbers), that when burned, indicate the passage of periods of time.
India andChina, also have early evidence of water clocks, but the earliest dates are less certain. However, water clocks appeared in China as early as 4000 BC.
Weight-driven clocks came first, used in churches and monasteries beginning in the 13th century.
In 1650, pendulums were added to clocks to make them more accurate.
A cuckoo clock is a clock, that strikes the hours with a sound like a common cuckoo's call.
An astronomical clock is a clock with special mechanisms and dials to display astronomical information, such as the relative positions of the sun, moon, zodiacal constellations, and sometimes major planets.
Appeared in 15th century Europe, watches evolved from portable spring-driven clocks.
- are carried in pocket
- for wealthy people
Why there are many people wear watch?
What is the history of watch?
When was it invented?
Who were the inventors?
Where and how it was invented?
To advertise their own products, these well-known brands spend a lot of money to ask famous celebrity to be their model.
A water clock or clepsydra is any timepiece in which time is measured by the regulated flow of liquid into (inflow type) or out from (outflow type) a vessel where the amount is then measured.
It is unknown where and when candle clocks were first used. The earliest reference to their use occurs in a Chinese poemby You Jiangu (520 CE).
The earliest sundials known from the archaeological record are the obelisks (3500 BC) and shadow clocks(1500 BC) from ancient Egyptian astronomy and Babylonian astronomy.
A sundial is a device that tells the time of day by the position of the Sun.
Famous Watch Brand
The invention of watch
The first mechanical clock was made in 723 A.D. by a monk and mathematician I-Hsing.
There 2 types of mechanical clock: Weight-driven clock and spring-driven clock.
Candle and Sand clock
The mechanism to produce the cuckoo call was installed in almost every kind of cuckoo clock since the middle of the 18th century.
It was probably a spin-off from the scientific activites of churchmen, astrologers and mechanics of the Middle Ages to increase the knoledge of the stars and improve their religious
- Nowadays, people more than 50% wear wristwatch everyday.
- Not only presidents, but also workers wear watch to work.
Meaning of wearing Watch
- showed the wealthiness
- decorated with a silver or enamel pendant
- attach chain to allow them to be secured
- for women only (in the past)
- are worn on the wrist
- Since it was invented, the pocket watch was unpopular
From clock to watch
to be fashi n
- Even though watch was invented many years ago, it still popular.
- Even though clock was set in the phone, people still cannot stop wearing watch.
- People who wear watch not only think that watch can make them be punctual, but also help them to look more fashionable and professional.
Survey of DMCer Batch 12 students
April 13, 2013:
- Bill Campbell, an Apple board member and friend of the late Steve Jobs, hinted that Apple may have its eyes on wearable tech.
- Customers should expect "a lot of things going on with the application of technology to really intimate things."
- Apple has a team of around 100 designers working on iWatch project.
-The iWatch release date is unknown and the iWatch price is a mystery
- History of clock
-History of watch
- Famous watch brand
- The meaning of wearing the wristwatch on left and right hand
Media and Communication
From Clock to Watch to be Fashion
Lecturer: Sok Chanthou
Presenter: Heng HuyHuang
Academic Year: 2012-2013
Subject: General English II
- was called "wristlet"
- The most inexpensive new Rolex wristwatch averages around $2,000.00 for the very basic design.
- Very exquisite watches are priced upwards of $10,000.00.
- Rolex watches exceeding $25,000.00 often include precious materials such as high quality gold, diamonds or platinum.
-Less than 100 years ago, gentlemen were actually quoted to say they “would sooner wear a skirt as wear a wristwatch”.
- In the 19th century, soldier discovered that wristwatch was very useful for them during wartime.
- British troops called wristwatch that "new design weapons", because wristwatch help them won Boer’s formations.
- After Worlde War I, many soldiers returned home with souvenir trench watches. Since then, wristwatches were no longer deemed as feminine, and they were designed for men.
Revolution of Watch
- The origin of the hourglass is unclear.
- It may have been introduced to Europe by an 8th-century monk named Luitprand.