Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Battle with Grendel
Transcript of The Battle with Grendel
The battle with Grendel took place in Herot, King Hrothgar's palace.
:The protagonist of the epic, Beowulf is a Geatish hero who fights the monster Grendel, Grendel's mother, and a fire-breathing dragon.
: one of three antagonists,Grendel is usually depicted as a monster or a Giant, Grendel is feared by all except Beowulf.
: One of Beowulf's men who is devoured by Grendel in Herot.
: one of the three antagonists,is not as huge or as powerful as her son, but she is motivated by revenge for the death of her son.
Grendel burst into Herot, breaks down the door and immediately grabs a Geatish warrior and devours him, the reaches to snatch up Beowulf, but Beowulf gripped Grendel's arm and held him down. Grendel was surprised and terrified by the strength of Beowulf. He trs to flee back to his cave, but Beowulf wouldn't let go, he soon broke off Grendel's arm and Grendel runs away. Grendel lays down in his cave bleeding, waiting to meet his demise. Soon after his death Grendel's monstrous mother seeks revenge for the death of her son.
In the Battle with Grendel, Grendel had broke into Herot and attempt to kill all of the sleeping men, until he was seized by Beowulf. Grendel tried to free himself, but Beowulf's grip was to strong. His only thought was to escape Beowulf's grasp and flee back to his cave. They battled throughout Herot with their bare hands. Beowulf then snapped Grendel's arm off and he was able to escape back to his cave, where he laid to die. Grendel's mother soon attacks Herot in the avarice for her son. She carried off Hrothgar's closest friend and Grendel's arm. Beowulf is awakened and called for again.
1. How many of Beowulf's men did Grendel attack?
2. How was Grendel restrained from escaping?
3. What is the name of the place where Grendel and Beowulf fought?
4. Who won the battle between Beowulf and Grendel?
5. Who was the second monster Beowulf will soon have to fight?
The Battle with Grendel