Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Fate
Fate is used in Romeo and Juliet
to help emphasize the tragety aspect
of the story because it tells the audience that something is going to happen before the characters realise it.
What is fate?
Fate is when something unavoidably befalls a person. Almost like the outcome to something has already been determined.
Juilet foreshadows her death by stating "My grave is like to be my wedding bed" (Shakespeare).
Romeo's fate is foreshadowed when he states that "he has a funny feeling" that night. It happens in the Enter Chorus.
Who is affected?
Both Romeo and Juliet are affected by fate.
How does fate occur in Romeo and Juliet?
Fate occurs by that both Romeo and Juliet have a fate in the story which is them dying.
"Fate." BBC News. BBC, 2014. Web. 11 Jan. 2016. <http://
"Fate." Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com, n.d. Web. 11 Jan.
"Notes on Romeo and Juliet Themes." Romeo and Juliet: Fate.
BookRags, n.d. Web. 11 Jan. 2016. <http://www.bookrags.com/notes/rj/top1.html#gsc.tab=0>.