Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MKT1002 lecture 2
Transcript of MKT1002 lecture 2
Marketing Communications today
Individual seminar e-portfolio
STARTS this weeks
Inform / make aware
Remind / reinforce
four main objectives
or tasks of marketing communications
what is communiation
Marketing mix &
Marketing Communications Mix
Promotion = Marketing communication
What does history tell us?
1955 1st UK Ad - Gibbs SR
50's advertising was dominated by soap powder, food and cigarettes
Advertising was about
USP and hard sell
1960's - development of a distinct
British more whimsical, conceptual style
From telling to engagement
The aims of the seminar portfolio are to help students to
• Create a personal resource in the form of a seminar portfolio
• Record and reflect on learning from seminar activities
• Develop an understanding of different approaches to learning & identify
strategies for maximising personal effectiveness
Your seminar portfolio will include 5 units of assessment:
• Unit 1 - My media diary & analysis of how brands can ‘engage’ with me and my peers.
• Unit 2 - Understanding communications
• Unit 3 - case study 1
• Unit 4 - case study 2
• Reflection & personal action plan
Innovative split screen /125years of John Lewis