Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Winnipeg General Strike
Transcript of Winnipeg General Strike
What happened in Winnipeg General Strike?
- Soldiers Returning after WW1
-Immigrants and Women
- Poor Working Conditions & Low Wages
- May 1, 1919
-Revolution in Russia
An Actual Photo of the Strikers
The Winnipeg General Strike
What it is the Winnipeg General Strike?
How Has This Event Shaped Canadian Identity Today?
- The Ability to have Unions & Strikes
-Better Working Conditions
A Newspaper Article on The Winnipeg General Strike
The Winnipeg General Strike is the most influential strike in Canadian history and it is a critical reason that we have the ability to form unions and have strikes today.
By: Rukia Ali
- A Mass Strike
-Officially Began May 15, 1919
- Largest Strike in Canadian History
- Labour and Immigration
-Economy, Business and Industry
-Some workers were jailed, some were deported, and thousands lost their jobs.
-Seven strike leaders were convicted of a conspiracy to overthrow the government and jailed for up to two years.
-In the 1920 Manitoba provincial election, 11 labour candidates won seats. Four of them were strike leaders.
- 2 Deaths