Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
AGCJ380: Personal Branding, Work/Life & Social Media
Transcript of AGCJ380: Personal Branding, Work/Life & Social Media
a liability? Social Media and Professionalism Based on PR Daily resource, select the
social media personality that best
matches you. Class Activity Work/Life Balance when
Working in Social Media You are to create or update your profile.
You need to reach as close to 100% as
possible. Connect with both instructors. Assignment: LinkedIn Brand yourself on SM What do you want to be known for?
Connect with others and share ideas.
Follow hashtags and join conversations.
Find webinars and tweet during them.
Evaluate your profile/bio description.
Know your privacy controls.
Know yourself. Personal Social Media Liabilities Branding Social media affects job hunting 1 in 10 people between ages 16 and 34
have been turned down for a new job because of photos or comments on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social networking sites.
*Report by On Device Research Your social media professionalism grade Based on a review of students in this class, here is how we would rank your SM professionalism:
A – 12 (outstanding privacy or content; no red flags)
B – 4 (good privacy or content; few red flags)
C – 2 (questionable content; several red flags)
F – 1 (based on social content, would not hire) What is a SM red flag? Think from an employer's prospective:
• Do you have several photos of you drinking or at parties?
Employer thinks: Will this person be dependable or will they be "sick" a lot?
• Could your content cause you to be perceived as judgemental or entitled?
Employer thinks: Is this person willing to learn and be loyal or will they leave if they don't get what they want?
• Do you post or share offensive items?
Employer thinks: Will this person cause problems in the workplace? Are they going to fit or cause conflict? Social Media is Public Even with privacy controls, social media is inherently public.
• Amy is "friends of friends" with 3 in this class.
• Do friends/followers share/retweet your posts?
• Do friends tag you in questionable photos?
Take control of your social media! Keeping up can be exhausting.
Learn to disconnect.
Take a break when you need it.
Use tools to help separate work/life. Work, Life & Social Media