Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
New Media - Blogging
Transcript of New Media - Blogging
Things to Consider About Audience
2. Reading level
3. What do they read? What are their interests?
4. Gender, culture, ethnicity and education
Average Blog Readers
1. Age 24-25
2. Males 55%, Females 45%
3. "Top Blog" readers average
age is 38
For top "hits" post, Remembrance Day
2nd highest "hits" picture
What is New Media?
Definition of: new media
(1) The forms of communicating in the digital world, which includes publishing on CDs, DVDs and, most significantly, over the Internet. It implies that the user obtains the material via desktop and laptop computers, smartphones and tablets. Every company in the developed world is involved with new media.
(2) The concept that new methods of communicating in the digital world allow smaller groups of people to congregate online and share, sell and swap goods and information. It also allows more people to have a voice in their community and in the world in general.
Flesch Reading Ease
90.0–100.0 easily understood by an average 11-year-old student
60.0–70.0 easily understood by 13- to 15-year-old students
0.0–30.0 best understood by university graduates
Blog Writing Should
• Provide information quickly
• Be relevant to your audience
• Ability to capture interest and hold it
• “Pack a punch” in a short time
Be short and to the point
Engage the intended audience
Have a photo included
Link to other sides and related content
Be easy to read
Be search engine optimized
Definition of: old media
The forms of communicating prior to the digital world, which include analog radio and TV and printed materials such as books and magazines.
Some examples of forms of New Media:
• Phone Apps
• Online Magazines
• Social Media
“And it occurred to me that there is no such thing as blogging. There is no such thing as a blogger. Blogging is just writing — writing using a particularly efficient type of publishing technology.” (Simon Dumenco)
“The bottom line is that blogging is like sex. You can’t fake it. You can’t fake passion. You can’t fake wanting to engage with the public. If you do, it will ultimately be an unsatisfying experience for both the blogger and their readers.” (Kevin Anderson)
CHOOSE WORDS SPARINGLY
Jargon according to audience
Above all, entertain
Consider interactive posting
Top Rated Blogs (as of Jan 14)
1. Huffington Post
3. Business Insider
What Makes a Successful
1. Match the style and tone to your blog
2. Come up with the perfect "hook"
3. Content is killer
4. Short and to the point (readability)
Why does everyone hate on the blog?
AUDIENCE AND RELEVANCE