Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Action Learning Evaluation - Helena Johnson
Transcript of Action Learning Evaluation - Helena Johnson
Action Learning Design
- Minimize boring the audience by not posting every day?
- Decision framework - explain 'hands on'
- Are the posts towards something or just connection based?
- Shortened to 3 weeks instead of 4.
- I varied the amount of posts each week.
- Decision Framework - work on our online relationship with the audience in between events and releases to keep fans interested.
- The posts are just connection based - testing audience response.
What have I learned to enable future decisions?
- Video's are the best form of promotion.
- Posting more regularly keeps audience attention.
What Assumption did I challenge?
- That promoting your band on online mediums (Facebook/Twitter etc) is an effective way to connect with the audience and increase a loyal fan base.
What new information did I uncover to increase value?
- That video's gain the most symbolic value.
work on our online relationship with the audience in between events and releases to keep fans interested.
Promoting my band online is an effective way to connect with the audience and increase a loyal fan base.
Action learning objectives:
The objective of the action is to see which forms of online marketing fans respond to the best to find a more efficient way of connecting with my audience.
Timeline (Explain Changes):
Week 1 - research into different posts.
Week 2 - Post a different form of promotion each day.
Week 3 - Post a different form of promotion every other day.
Week 4 - Post a different form of promotion every three days.
Week 5 - Collect results and create PD powerpoint
Week 6 - Present findings
I posted 4 different types of mediums (Photo, Video, Music and status), posted every day for the 1st week, every other the 2nd and every 3 days the 3rd. The opportunity rose to show my newest song on a video, the only problem was not being able to post on specific days the 2nd week and someone posting something extra by accident.
Initial Baseline (11/03/14):
730 Facebook likes & 7 people talking about.
End Results (13/04/14):
750 Facebook likes & 47 people talking about.
Videos were the most popular promotion form: Average Reach - 1.2k, Average Engagement: 424 (post clicks), 43 (likes/comments/shares).
Week 1 had the most interaction (posting every day).
Increase in likes by 20 people.
Increase in people talking about the page by 40 people.
Decrease in page visits when I reduced the amount of posts per week.
Week 1 24/03/14 - 30/03/14
Week 2 -31/03/14 - 06/04/14
Week 3 -07/04/14 - 13/04/14
post Reach across the 3 weeks
Page Visits over the 3 weeks
Published Post Type Targeting Reach Engagement
Published Post Type Targeting Reach Engagement
What I've Learned: Facebook is a good way to grab peoples attention (posting a video can reach over 1.7k people).
It was better than I expected as I didn't realize how much attention posting a video online would receive. I will progress by using video's more often as a form of promotion.
Using video's as advertisements (especially if on YouTube) can create symbolic value through online interest and economic value through royalties.
work on our online relationship with the audience in between events and releases to keep fans interested in the band.
- use more videos to interest the fans even if it is just a short, simple one.
I need to better figure out who my competition is. The Pop nights I'm organizing should hopefully help find my competition.
- I still need to know more about the customer but I feel doing this test has helped me get a better insight.
How To Win -
Use the online YouTube market to gain a wider audience.
Using the contacts I already have in the industry and the ones I am gaining through the Pop Productions project to further enhance my career.
Original Project Vision:
-Sell 100 CD's
-Receive 500 plays on SoundCloud/Youtube etc
-Play at least 20 gigs
- Receive local airplay
So far I have achieved most of this! Nearly 1000 plays on 'Naive' on SoundCloud, nearly 2000 play for 'She Play the Game' on YouTube, played over 20 gigs, received airplay on 7Waves. The only thing I didn't do is sell CD's because I haven't released anything yet.
It hasn't affected my original project vision it has just enhanced better marketing ideas.