Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The weather
- Forecasts: using future for predictions
- Making predictions (speaking)
- Shipping forecasts main terms
- Sea state and winds
- Warnings and advice: use of modal verbs
- Give information about weather at sea
- Using the first conditional
- Listening to forecasts
- Recording forecasts
1. Do the Warm-up activity: wikispaces
2. Study the initial vocabulary
Use the dictionary in case you don't understand some words:
3. Read some easy phrases and examples of weather forecasts:
Now, try to read some real examples and copy two different predictions on your notebook:
4. Listen to some terms and do the activities
While you are reading the activities by pairs, try to reapeat the terms and sound natural.
Pronunciation and listening
- By pairs write the terms listed on the picture below and translate them in your own glossary
5. Now, practise the vocabulary you have learnt and do the following activities:
Write a short three-day weather forecast using pictures and the vocabulary learnt.