Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Rhythm and Meter
Transcript of Rhythm and Meter
Terms to KNOW
Rhythm: Ordering of music through time
Beat: Regular, recurring pulsation
The underlying pattern or grouping of beats
Duple Meter (Quadruple): One accented beat followed by an unaccented beat
Triple Meter: One accented beat followed by two unaccented beats
A Few More Terms
Accent: a stressed note
Downbeat: First accented beat of a full metrical pattern
Anacrusis: any beat(s) before the first downbeat
Syncopation: a weak beat accented
Tempo: rate of speed
Ritardando: gradually slow down
Accelerando: gradually speed up
Counting Stars, Roar, D minor Quartet, Sonata 5, K282, Say Something, Eine Kleine, Royals, Blank Space, Take me to Church, All of Me, Lips are movin, Hallelujah, Almost is never enough, Rude, Wrong, Thinking out loud
Simple v. Compound Meter
Beat divisible by 2
Beat divisible by 3