Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Basinger - Executive Branch
Transcript of Basinger - Executive Branch
US Representatives + US Senators =
MO = 10 votes
DC = 3 votes
Gets votes even though they don't have senators or reps.
"Winner Takes All"
Electoral votes are awarded
based on popular votes
Example: If you win 3/4 of popular
votes you get 3/4 of electoral vote
Whoever wins the popular vote
gets all of the electoral votes
Could lead to someone winning the
popular vote but losing the election
Roles of the President
Commander in Chief
Head of State
grants pardons and amnesty
conducts foreign policy
protect the nation's security
Times of Emergency
Mandate - extreme popular
support of the people
No one gets 270
electoral votes to win?
There is a tie
in electoral votes?
Goes to the House of Representatives
natural born citizen
35 years old
resident of US for 14 years
group of advisors for the President
has to be approved by the Senate
prepare a budget
Closed - only members of the political party can choose the candidates
Open - anyone can vote regardless of political party
1. Review the 3 former Presidents given to you
2. Each person votes on who they want.
3. Using the information, choose one to represent
your group (political party).
4. Announce the decision to the class.
5. Make an informational sheet to post on the
bulletin board for other classes to cast their votes.
6. Construct at least 1 speech detailing why your president is the most influential.
Vote = March 30th