Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Place Value
Digits left of the decimal point represent whole numbers.
Place Value Forms
These numbers can be written in different ways.
Digits written in their "place value" are create a number written in standard form.
There are two types of word form.
Expanded form is an addition sentence that shows the value of each digit.
That's how you did it in 4th grade though!
You can also use Powers of Ten to write numbers in expanded notation.
Place Value Chart
Always refer to the Place Value chart to help you!
Now, let's try it with decimals!
Objective: I can write numbers in different forms using place value.
Long word form
only uses words.
Example: thirty-seven thousand eight hundred three
Short word form
uses numbers and words.
Example: 37 thousand 803
This year you will use FANCY
(3 x 10,000) + (7 x 1,000) + (8 x 100) + (3 x 1)
(3 x 10 ) + (7 x 10 ) + (8 x 10 ) + (3 x 10 )
Watch this short video to answer this question.
Why is ZERO so important?
So, what's the answer