Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Narcolepsy
Dogs can have Narcolepsy as well as horses
How many people have it?
United States: 1 in 2,000
Varies around the world
What are the symptoms?
The symptoms include....
Excessive daytime sleepiness
What is the Cause of Narcolepsy?
The exact cause of Narcolepsy is unknown
It is genetic
The Hypothalamus is involved
Who is more likely to get/have it?
Anyone can get it
Is There A Cure?
What is Narcolepsy?
Narcolepsy is a disease that causes you to have excessive day time sleepiness.
Usually excitement triggers the sleep attack.
What's the biology? What's happening inside of the person with it? What does it affect?
There is no cure for Narcolepsy.
Medications can make the symptoms more tolerable.
Hypocretin: normal brain Cells (A and B)
Hypocretin: Narcoleptic Brain
(C and D)
Sophia and Abigail