Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Johnny Tremain
Esther Forbes was born in 1891 in Westborough, Massachusetts. She was a student at the University Of Wisconsin. In 1926 she published her first book. In 1944 her book Johnny Tremain won the Newbery award. She died on August12th 1967. The books she wrote were Johhny Tremain, America's Paul Revere, and A Mirror For Witches. Story line
1. Johnny is a 14 year old boy who is an apprentice for the Lamphans, he is the boss of the kids.
2. Johnny is a skilled worker but when his hand gets burned and crippled he gets forced out of the Lamphans and is on his own now.
3. Johnny meets an 18 year old boy at the market and in a couple days Johnny is really good friends with him and is living with Rab and his family.
4. Johnny gets a job at the Boston Observer and Rab's Uncle is the owner of it .
5.The people in the Observer are spying on the British soilders that are in town watching them.
6. Johnny and Rab lead a group of people to dump the British tea into the harbor.
7. After that happened the British and the Boston Yankees go to war.
8.Through the first few days of war the Yankees are winning.
9. Towards the end of the book Rab dies while battling for the Yankees. The genre of this book is historical fiction. Credits: Youtube, Google, and the book Johnny Tremain. http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/99849.Esther_Forbes