Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
BMW Employee Value Proposition
Transcript of BMW Employee Value Proposition
Value Proposition for BMW SA
What is an EVP and Why is it Important?
"The Appeal Associated with Working for an Organisation"
Flexible Salary Structuring
Research Methodologies & Findings
Fun & Stimulating Working Environment
1. Determine the Importance of a Competitive EVP
3. Make & Test Recommendations
4. Proposed EVP
Professional Body Registration
Continued Professional Development (CPD)
Broadened Skill Set
Professional Recognition, Accreditation and Credibility
Connected to a Network of Professionals
World Class Education &Training Opportunities
Access to Excellent Knowledge Repositories
High Level of Confidence in Employee Competence
Once-off Initiation Cost = R105 pp
Annual Membership Cost = R989 pp
Total = R348 850 (Maximum)
“What If We Spend All This Money to Up-skill & Educate Them, But They End Up Leaving The Company?”
“What If We Don’t
& They Stay...”
Flexible Working Time/Environment
and Propose a Unique Employee Value
Proposition for BMW SA, That is Aligned to the
Strategic Business Objectives
in Order to
BMW BRAND VALUES
Key Issues Identified
1. There is a Clear Talent Strategy.
2. Wide Variety of Benefits Available.
1. There is no Clear Engagement Strategy for Different Generations in the Workplace.
2. Different Forms of Communication are not Being Leveraged Sufficiently.
1. Alternative Education for Up-skilling Should to be Investigated.
1. Increased Globalisation Will Amplify Talent Shortcomings Going Forward.
Top Performing Companies Consulted in Benchmark Exercise
Various Tools were used to collect and assess information
PESTEL Analysis (External Factors)
McKinsey 7S (Internal Factors)
Decision Matrix (Evaluating Solutions)
Why is it Important to BMW SA?
There is a Disconnect between the Customer Experience and the Employee Experience
The Average Time Generation Y Spend with An Employer is 2.4 years
By 2025, Generation Y will be 75% of the Workforce
The "War for Top Talent" is only just starting
The Average Cost to Replace an Employee is R500 000
- Compulsory Medical Aid
- Compulsory Retirement Contribution
- Less Access to Cash
- Employee has no Discretion
- No Flexibility
Total Cost Model
- Choice to Contribute to Medical Aid
- Choice to the Most Suitable Medical Aid Plan
- Choice to Contribute to a Retirement Annuity Fund
- Choice on How Much to Contribute to the Fund
- Choice on Allocation of Vehicle Allowance
- Annual Changes Allowed
- Flexibility for when Requirements Changes
Where does the 40 hour (8-5) work week come from?
"Time at Work" = Value & Productivity?
We need a better primary metric to measure individuals working:
Quality of Work
Productivity and Effectiveness
80% of Employees Believe
Greatly Influence their Employer Preference
Increased Focus on Work/Life Balance for
Per Person for Off-Site Working Capability:
Companies have Conducted Mentorship Programs
High Drive for Career Guidance & Development From Generation Y
Increasingly High Emphasis on Future Leadership Development
Improves Retention by up to 25%
Improves Critical Technical Skills & Soft Skills
Excellent Vehicle to Transmit Company Culture
Mentor Training Cost:
Training Cost: R10 500 pp
(1 Week from Gibs)
x 110 (Functional Level IV Managers)
= R 1 155 000
Customer Experience = Employee Experience
Improving Employee Satisfaction
Cultivating Morale & Company Culture
Increased Innovation -> Cost Benefit
Young Companies (like Google & Facebook) take Pride in Their Innovative Workplaces & Engagement Techniques.
Savings on Overheads:
- Less Water
- Less Electricity
Career & Development
~ Peter Baeklund