Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Why is Agroforestry Cool?
Transcript of Why is Agroforestry Cool?
all kinds of purposes. Why is agroforestry So Cool? is this land too dry to grow trees? Ehh... not really..... Some trees grow just a few hundred metres away! Niger, Tillabery, 2006. Fuel wood has a good local market
and cash comes handy when food is short. Trees provide shade and cooler air. Roots protect soil. Livestock feeds on fodder
from some species. Sites with agroforestry are
more productive than bare sites. Farmers maintain trees to make soil
more fertile for annual crops. What happens if you cut out all trees
from semi-arid land? Bare land is not very productive...
and can even be DANGEROUS! Niamey, August 2010:
After some rain the river Niger flooded. Farmers lost their crops... and their houses. A g r o f o r e s t r y because it makes land productive! is cool http://govga.org/carbon.html next> <preu http://govga.org/organize.html