Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Job Analysis and Hiring Decisions at Ovania Chemical
Transcript of Job Analysis and Hiring Decisions at Ovania Chemical
Job Analysis and Hiring Decision at
Chemical Comapany Corporation
Main Plant located in Steubenville, Ohio
Producer of polyethylene terephthalate(PET) thermoplastic resin
It is used to make containers for soft drinks, bottled water, and pharmaceutical products
The the change in technology is causing Ovania to make a change
-Change in number and kinds of jobs
-Job transformation of the system analyzer position
Responsibility, monitoring the individual components of the company simultaneously.
- Prestigious job
-Knowledge of pneumatics
The position will change therefore the company must go through the process of job analysis
First step: recruit and select three new people for a rapidly changing position
Job Analysis and New Position Analysis
Anticipated Selection Process
Promote from within
Previous Employment Discrimination
2 year lead time
Ability and Aptitude instead of Skills and Knowledge
56 Applied: 21 Female and 15 African-American
Total Score of 800 for consideration
1. White External Male- 1062
2. African-American External Female- 1054
3. White Internal Female- 1041
1. How would you go about conducting a job analysis for a job that does not yet exist
2. What reason did the selection committee have for selecting only those factors that could not be acquired in a two-year program?
3. Should the concern for women getting down into the dirty treatment tanks have been a selection issue?
4. Would this test battery and selection procedure be defensible in court?
Team is Assembled
Two senior engineers
Conducted the Analysis
Ideas of Skills
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT