Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
2.10: Module Project.
Transcript of 2.10: Module Project.
1. How did religion influence the Magna Carta ?
In the beginning of the Magna Carta the nobles state '...Know that we, at the prompting of god...and for the glory of holy church...and out of our good will have given and granted to the archbishops, Bishops, abbots, priors, earls, barons... These liberties written below to hold in our of England in perpetuity...' This clearly states that religion played a huge role in how the nobles formed the Magna Carta.
2. How did the Magna Carta limit the power of King John ?
The Magna Carta limited the power of the king by restricting his power of putting people into jail and collect money through taxes from the people without a reason.
3. How did the Magna Carta lay the foundation for democracy ?
The Magna Carta laid the foundation for democracy by limiting the king's power so that the people could take more control, which is the basic underlining of democracy.
1. How does the painting show the influence of religion on politics?
The painting shows Joan of Arc holding a banner with three saints on it. This shows us that even in war the church had a great influence in the action of the people.
2. Do you think the painter of the picture viewed Joan of Arc as a heroine ? Explain
Yes , i believe the painter of this picture viewed Joan of Arc as a heroine because they portrayed her to be victorious, holding up her sword and the banner proves victory.
3. How does this painting combine the style of the ancients greeks and roman artists with that of the artist of the middle ages ? Give examples.
You can it combines the two styles of art by the greek-like armor Joan of Arc wears and by the Romanesque pictures on the flag she is holding.
1. How do you think the social standing of merchants during the middle age helped or hurt the economy ? Explain
I think the social standing of merchants helped the economy in the middle ages because they provided a sufficient amount of supply to the surrounding villages so that the people didn't move to more prospering cities.
2. Do you think church officials had a large amount of influence in feudal system ? Explain
Yes, i think the church officials had a large amount of influence in the feudal system because they owned the land the king's ruled. The king's would have to follow what the church officials said
3. In the feudal system, do you think knights ever felt conflicting loyalties ? Explain
Yes because the knights worked for a wage they did not have any power and they only got what the king's deserved
1. How do you think pope Urban II and the crusaders influenced the trade routes shown on the map ?
Pope Urban found many of the routes while traveling during the crusades. I think the crusaders influenced the trade routes by forcing others to find new routes to trade.
2. Which cities shown on the map do you think were the most affected by ideas from foreign lands ? Explain.
I think the cities on the coast's such as Southampton. Lisbon, and Danzig, because they were in common contact with sailors who traded and traveled to these lands. The cities that were least affected were the ones inland where not many sailors had reason to go such as Leipzip.
3. What cities seemed to benefit the most from trade routes by sea ? Explain.
The cities that were on the coasts such as Rome because they were able to become major places of trade. If these countries control the trade routes they make large profit.