Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of 3D Printing
How does it work, possibilities, boundaries
Chuck Hull - founder of 3D Systems on March 1986
I/ The Technology :
- FDM Fuse Deposition Model
- SLA : UV light solidify liquid plasic layers
Operator draws a model on a CAD (Computer Assisted Design) and then print it
printing in layers
-Other materials : nylon, play-doh, thermoplastics, nutella, chocolate, concrete...
=> only prototypes production
=> impossible to print semi-conductors
Why it is innovating
11/ A successful
Various opportunities for businessmen :
3D printer manufacturers
3D printer resellers (kit or assembled)
In stores 3D printing services
Software for 3D modeling
3D file libraries makers
Print on-demand platforms
Training and consulting
three main factors
the customization potential
the ease of creation
And what the business
will become !
B2B business over B2C one, in short term
- prototyping & small mass production
- printers in every household by 2040
A revolution in the industrial market
- new business to be created
- while others will disappear
III/ What does it change ?
"3D printing that has the potential to revolutionize the way we make almost everything. So [...] I ask this Congress to help create a network of fifteen of these 3D printing centers and guarantee that the next revolution in manufacturing is Made in America." - B. Obama 2013
- fast and cost effective :
reduce production cost 97% and time by 83% - US army
- complexity is free :
- full customisation :
it is the products that fits the client's need and not the needs of the client that are shaped to the product
A new consumerism ?
- cuts out the middle men
- build non bankable products
- open source
3D printed vertebra
WREX : Emma's magic arms
Cons and drifts :
- end of the labor
- intellectual properties
- anarchism and
How the business is now..
Technology & Applications
Bussiness & Markets
Future & Trends
100 000 printers sold in the world in 2014