Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CAFE Reading & the Independent Reading Model
Transcript of CAFE Reading & the Independent Reading Model
Compiled by Bec Spink
& the Independent Reading Model
a menu or visual organizational tool
a system for assessment
a guide for instruction
I can find out about new words
Get started right away
Stay in one place
Read the whole time
Select and read just right books
Practise whole class focus and reading goals
I understand what I read
I can read the words
I can make my reading sound good
Ask yourself these questions:
What are you teaching?
How are you delivering your instruction?
How do you use assessments to inform your instruction and improve student learning?
1. Identify what is to be taught.
2. Set learning intentions and success criteria.
3. Teach / model the strategy through shared / modelled reading.
4. Select a student to write and illustrate the CAFE Menu strategy card.
5. Review the strategy.
6. Students practise during independent reading.
Whole Class Focus
Independent Reading Model
Interactive Menu / Ready Reference Guides
Conferences / Strategy Groups
Using Evernote to keep assessment records