Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Paleolithic/Neolithic era
Transcript of The Paleolithic/Neolithic era
The Paleolithic Weather
- The Paleolithic age or era, is also known as the old stone age
- started from about 2.5 million years ago to about 10,000 years ago
- Paleolithic people were known to be the first humans or "homo sapiens" to be on this earth
- At the beginning of the Paleolithic, homo sapiens lived in eastern Africa, but later moved into Asia and Europe.
- They lived in caves, built homes made of animal skins, branches and leaves depending on weather
- They used animal skins for clothes
Paleolithic Food Source
- They hunted animals, they fished, and gathered other food, like fruits.
- They kept the bones, meat, milk, and skin.
- They did not and did not know how to grow food
- All they did for food was hunt and find fruits.
- lived in groups of about 25 people
- Throughout this era, there were different times with very cold periods and mild periods
- The Neolithic age or era, is also known as the new stone age
- started from about 10,000 years ago to about 5,000 years ago
- Later in the Paleolithic era, there was a period called "The Ice Age", where the earth was very very cold with ice, glaciers and snow everywhere
- The Neolithic era began when the ice age ended
- At this time, people had animals of their own
- People domesticated plants and animals (Domesticated means that they tamed or changed the way they are)
- Now people were in many places with different skin colors
Neolithic Food Source
- People now grew food.
- People grew: wheat, barley, lentils, fax and more.
- People hunted animals but did not relay on it to survive anymore like in the Paleolthic era.
- They where hunter gatherers.
- They used simple tools
- They used new tools and had different jobs (Division of Labor)
- They domesticated plants and animals.
- Houses were made from tree trunks sunk into the ground
or from woven
branches covered with mud
Tools and technology
-They made tools by flaking stones.
-They made axes and knives.
-They discoverd that rubbing two sticks or hitting two stones would make fire.
-They used fire to defend themselves, cook, hunt, and to give light and heat.
-They learned how to breed animals.
- People who created surplus had farming "jobs".
- The Neolithic era began after the ice age ended so it is now warmer.
-They lived in fertile areas with normal weather.
Tools and technology
-They made hoes for digging soil
and plows to fix the land before
they planted seeds.
- They made sickles to cut grain in order to turn it into flour.
- They used cows to fertilize the land.
Neolithic Shelter and clothing
- They settled down.
-They lived in houses made out of mud bricks which where held up by timber.
-They wore clothes made out of
-They made woven garaments.
-If they where farmers they lived
in the fertile crescent.
Cause and Effect
Cause #1: During the paleolithic
Cause #2: During the neolithic time, they grew plants and created surplus
Effect #1: so they followed them around and became nomadic hunter-gatherers
Effect #2: So it created divison of labor
time, they didn't know how to breed animals
Cause #3: The ice age ended and it became warmer
Effect #3: People were able to plant food
By: Malisa Trueblood & Alissa Garcia