Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Persuasive Speech - Standardized Testing
Transcript of Persuasive Speech - Standardized Testing
Standardized testing is not accurate for the broad spectrum of students.
* Portfolio-based assessment system
* Prepare students for life
-Real World Problems
Decline in test scores
Stress and Anxieties
-Fear of failing assessment
-Fear of falling behind in the course
-Tests can determine future plans
-Anxiety before tests effect scores
-Student success based salary
-Students' mental stability
* Multiple Choice
* Teaching Biases
* Over packed curriculum
* Rushed Lessons
Different Learning Styles
According to: Sternberg's Triarchic Theory of Human Intelligence
This type of person does well in academic environments, but is not likely to be creative.
This type of person is persuasive and maybe entertaining, but lacks substance in thinking.
This type of person generates ideas easily, but is unable to analyze these ideas or to put them into action.
-applying new ideas
selecting/shaping real-world environments and experiences
Courses geared towards:
Process Learning - Not Understanding
Various Teaching Styles
Do your part!
Express your views
Propose a solution