Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Music of Peru
Transcript of Music of Peru
Drums made of Puma Skin
National Instrument: Charango
A part of the lute family
Invented during the Viceroyalty of Peru
Traditionally made with the shell of the back of an armadillo
Music of Peru
Influenced by Andean, Spanish, and African cultures
Focus on wind, rhythm and percussion instruments
Thousands of dances
Trumpets made of Strombus
Dances of Peru
Influenced by Native customs
Often signify agriculture work, hunting, and war
Types of dance differ by region
Shares Afro/Spanish influences
La Marinera is the national dance
Juan Diego Florez- Opera Singer
Grammy Award Nominee- Best Classical Performance
Italian Premio Abbiati 2000 Singer of the Year
Gran Cruz De La Orden El Sol Del Peru
Latin Grammy Award Winner
Peru's Minister of Culture
One of few well known drummers.
Played with artists such as Elvis Presley, Diana Ross, and Paul McCartney