Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Schizophrenia: A Look Into Vincent van Gogh
Transcript of Schizophrenia: A Look Into Vincent van Gogh
DSM-IV- TR Criteria for Schizophrenia
A. Characteristics Symptoms
Two or more of the following during a 1-month period (or less if successfully treated)
Grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior
If delusions bizarre or auditory hallucinations and
voices keep a running commentary about person's thoughts/behaviors or
two or more voices converse with each other
Then only one criterion is needed
B. Social/Occupational Dysfunction
If one or more major areas of the person's life are markedly below premorbid functioning
If childhood or adolescence failure to achieve expected level of interpersonal, academic, or occupational achievement
Then meets criteria of B.
Continuous signs persist for at least 6 months with at least 1 month that meets criteria of A (active phase) and may include prodromal or residual symptoms.
D. 1. All other mental diseases have been ruled out.
2. All other medical conditions have been ruled out.
3. If history of pervasive development disorders, then prominent hallucinations or delusions for 1 month are needed to make the diagnosis of schizophrenia
Leading to Death......
Transitioning into the unknown.....
Schizophrenia: A Look into Vincent van Gogh
Can you describe the difference?
The Old Church at Nuenen
Church at Auers
the presence of something that is not normally present
the absence of something that should be present but is not
abnormalities in how a person thinks
symptoms involving emotions and their expression
The Early Years.....
The Potato Eaters
Born March 30, 1853 in Groot-Zundert, Holland
Highly-emotional and lacked self-confidence
Dedicated his life to evangelize to those in poverty
1860-1880, the artist evolves
The Artist in the Hospital
Phase I- Acute
Asylum at St. Remy, 1890
Phase III- Maintenance
Health Teaching/ Promotion