Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
4.3 Factors Affecting the Rate of a Chemical Reaction
Transcript of 4.3 Factors Affecting the Rate of a Chemical Reaction
can affect the rate
of a Chemical Reaction The presence of a catalyst
The concentration of the reactants
The temperature of the reactants
The surface area of the reactants Surface Area - increasing the surface area of the reactants will also increase the rate of a reaction
- you can do this by breaking up the reactants into smaller pieces Enzymes Help reactions go faster! Factors that Effect
the Rate of Chemical Change Section 4.3 -Help reactions go faster! Are not consumed during the reaction - Ex. Enzymes in your body! Concentration - the greater the concentration of the reactants, the faster the reaction Temperature - the more heat added to a reaction, the faster it will occur - makes atoms move faster Hydrogen Peroxide is a toxic waste product produced in cells An enzyme called catylase speeds up it's breakdown into Oxygen and Water