Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of UNEMPLOYMENT
What does it mean when someone is unemployed??
Unemployed = people who are without a job but are actively seeking employment
unemployment rate = the percentage of people who are unemployed
TYPES OF UNEMPLOYMENT
when a worker is between jobs. trying to
ind a better job.
lack of demand,
downturn in business cycle (recession)
changes in weather
What do Economists consider FULL EMPLOYMENT?
when the unemployment rate is between 4-6%
does not include:
people who don't want to work
people not looking for employment
Frictional = Finding something better
Structural = skills
lack of skills or education,
change how business is organized (merger), increase in technology
Cyclical = business CYCLE
Seasonal = SEASON
Don't need him in July!
don't need them in January!
only need in spring / fall
China - 4.1%
x 100 = Unemployment rate