Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Adjectives & Adverbs
Transcript of Adjectives & Adverbs
2.Predicate adjectives- may follow the word they modify Different types Charity's answer was wrong. Example.. When you compare more two, more than two, or when you double compare elements to a higher or lower degree, you often add endings to the adjective Faulty Comparisons 1.Incorrect: Of my two brothers, Mike is the oldest.
Correct: Of my two brothers, Mike is the older. Examples.. 2.Correct: Mike is the oldest of the family.
3.Correct: Mike is more handsome than Matt but less handsome as Channing Tatum. 4.Incorrect: It was the most worst movie I ever saw.
Correct: it was the worst movie I ever saw. Incorrect: The anger friend made her cry.
Correct: The angry friend made her cry. Incorrect Usage often occurs often occurs when two modifiers confuse each other Sometimes the adjectives sound awkward •Misuse of nouns Awkward: The group decided to work on environment problems.
Better: The group decided to work on the environmental problems. most often modify or describe verbs, adjectives, and other adverbs. Frequently answer the question “how” of “how much” “ where” “when” and end in ‘ly’ Adverbs She walked slowly down the hall. Examples... Incorrect: After a huge fight with her friend about how slow she walked, she walked slow all the way to her car.
Correct: After a huge fight with her friend about how slow she walked, she walked slowly all the way to her car. Faulty comparisons occur when confused with two modifiers In Class 1. Marie dropped her books in front of the attractive boy and was embarrass.
2. Dogs rely on their nose because they can smell extreme well.
3. The pretty was the girl who won homecoming queen.
4. Kim was running late for class so the quick walked down the hall.
5. The young student danced through the gym graceful.