Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Qahera + FEMEN
Transcript of Qahera + FEMEN
• “global women’s issues”
• collapsing “women”
• collapsing “issues”
• “better naked than a burqa”
Qahera + FEMEN
• Created in 2012 by Deena Mohamed
• Misogyny, Sexual harassment, and “White Savior” ideologies
• Inspired by strong women she sees
• Originally meant to teach young girls, now to reach others with the message
• Created in 2008 by Inna Shevochenko
• “global women's movement...the scandal famous organization of topless women activists, who defend with their breasts [the] sexual and social equality in the world”
• “You should not show your body like that; you should use it to protest and fight.”
“any practice establishing a relation among elements…"
(Lacleau and Mouffe, (p. 105, cited in DeLuca, 1999, p. 335)
“What sense can I make of that rage now?
What good does it do us to recall it, to try to make sense of it?”
(Flannery, 2001, p. 114).
Traditional vs. Hidden
“the construction of a self-immolating colonial subject for the glorification of the social mission of the colonizer” (Spivak, 1999, p. 127)
Hidden Polemics and Contemporary Feminism
Space for Discussion, Questioning, and Transformation