Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
LinkedIn - Basics for Students
Transcript of LinkedIn - Basics for Students
Search LinkedIn to learn about career paths, industries, and geographic locations
Engage with industry groups to keep up on hot topics and trends
Visit company pages and follow companies to see who’s coming and going
Step 1 Step 2 Step 3 Use... To Remember... the CDC can help! Build an effective resume on paper first
Develop your elevator speech
Explore other networking tools & skills
Tips for using the BRIDGE
Get B-Link access (and use the Alumni Directory!) Me Baby ? is What... The leading professional network
Allows you to:
Connect professionally - with classmates, faculty, alumni
Find internships or job Network of 43 million professionals in over 200 countries
Executives from Fortune 500 companies
Over 400,00 groups Recent survey from Vault.com found:
74% of employers on LinkedIn use it to source candidates
One employer said, "LinkedIn has proven to be our most used social media venue for recruting candidates"
3/4 of recruiters actively use LinkedIn to find new employees ? Why... Hey, where is that? Physcially:
Botany Building (along 7th St.)
Mon - Fri, 8:30 - 4:30
Phone: 570.577.1238 You already have a professional network if you look in the right places Explore Find Discover Prepare See a real student profile Include a summary and your specialites List your past positions (including unpaid!) Request recommendations from each employer What's a summary? It should give people an idea of who you are, what you’ve accomplished, and what you’re looking for on LinkedIn. Think of it as your “elevator pitch,” or your 30-second introduction (short and concise) Need examples? Actively seeking a full-time position in finance that will take advantage of my strong analytical, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as foster my ability to excel in a fast-pace, high-intensity working environment.
• Problem solver with outstanding analytical skills
• Effective communicator that works well in teams
• Excel in fast-paced, high intensity working environments Bucknell Student Want to know more? Visit 's learning center http://learn.linkedin.com/ for step-by-step user guides http://www.linkedin.com/pub/nadia-sasso/23/a41/251
* career opportunities
* consulting offers
* new ventures Contact Settings Choices * job inquiries
* expertise requests
* getting back in touch Develop a complete profile; it’s 40X more likely to be seen! Use the search feature to discover Bucknell alumni working in an area of interest, i.e.: “sports marketing” + Bucknell
Search in groups for jobs posted by members Reach out to faculty and summer employers to get great recommendations Don't be shy: connect with people you know - you never know what connections they have...you may even get to Kevin Bacon! More than 70% of jobs are found through networking A bit of prep work on LinkedIn can give you a huge edge over other applicants alumni
contacts through social networks
members of your LInkedIn groups Alumni Industries Professional Associations honor societies fraternities & sororities Extracurricular Activities sports Search topics that interest you... Then join relevant groups... Reach out to your existing network to find unlisted opportunities Pop-Up Tip: Pop-Up Tip: Pop-Up Tip: Research using company pages & groups
Follow companies to stay updated on company news
Review company stats
See who's coming and going http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=77833&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr Over 4,200 members
Bucknell Professional Network subgroups Pop-Up Tip: Jobs Career Paths profiles are often one of the first searches on focus on professional looking photo and a smart headline Family Friends Greek life Classmates Teammates Explore Find Prepare Discover