Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Effective Meetings for designers and project leaders
Transcript of Effective Meetings for designers and project leaders
“I don’t trust the person
“I can not see why this is necessary”
“The options are not well
thought out and explained”
“I have not had time to think about it”
“I can not see how this fits
“The risks are high” getting what you want is about caring for what other want and then achieving resolutions that will satisfy you both! "We keep going around in circles" "I can't get the client to agree" "We can't stay focused on the right things" "They are unable to move forward" "We undo decisions made last time" "It took for ever to get them
to understand and decide" PURPOSE CLARITY EMPATHY Show the evolution No surprises Practice Are we really looking at things
from the client’s point of view? In a meeting…
what do we expect
of our client? Client lacks Confidence “I trust the person telling me”
“I can see why this is necessary”
“The options are well thought out and explained”
“I have had time to think about it”
“I can see how this fits our needs”
“The risks are low” Client has Confidence What do
of us? TO PRESENT THE DESIGN To decide if H.R. dept. will go on the same floor with training To look at options for placing office along the windows or along the building core ---------------------------------- TOO VAGUE ! Be specific multiple purposes
are OK DID WE
LAY THE FOUNDATION
AND AGREEMENT ?
- get the client involved and bring them along the journey
- use our technology to have them see the designs in virtual reality
- plan for client participation not just presentation what other ways can we facilitate effective meetings ? what about our contractors , suppliers , specialists and partners whom we rely on ? take the same time and care to prepare for these meetings as well and
meeting effectiveness will dramatically increase! empathy
clarity all of these preparations and strategies must be applied with genuine sincerity the Daily "...TRUST ME? WHY WOULDNT HE TRUST ME? HE MUST KNOW
I HAVE THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE PROJECT AT HEART..."
Desiger baffled by client reaction - page 5 CLIENT READS DESIGNERS BODY LANGUAGE
- PAGE 3 PROJECT LEADER HAMMERS CLIENT TEAM FOR DECISONS UNDER THREAT OF PROJECT FAILURE. This applies mainly to our key client contact.
While we can have suprising designs in a group presentation, our key client contact probably doesnt want surpises.
They want to be informed before the meeting as to what to expect.
They can also pave the way to a successful meeting in many ways. We can begin with an overview that places the meeting in a context of the overall project objectives and how the purpose of the meeting helps meet those objectives.
We can provide an overview if what has been done , where we are going and what we are doing now to show the connections to the overall project delivery.
This can help take busy people out of a previous context and help them adjust to this meeting agenda. There is no point saying you don't have time to rehearse. We always have time for those things we deem most important. It's just a mater of your priorities.