Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CH 2: Decision Making Process
Transcript of CH 2: Decision Making Process
Decision: making a choice from two or more options
manager identifies the issue as a problem
there is pressure to resolve the problem
manager must have the authority, information, or resources needed to solve the problem
ID Decision Criteria
Factors that are important (relevant to resolving the problem)
Decision criteria are not of equal importance, Assigning a weight to each item gives the item the correct priority.
10 = Most Important
1 = Least Important
Identify viable alternatives and listing them without evaluation.
Evaluate each alternative's strengths and Weaknesses. This step requires the decision maker to multiply each alternative by the assigned weight. This process achieves a weighted criteria.
Selecting An Alternative
Involves the selection of the best alternative or the one that generated the highest total in
Step 7: Implementing the Alternative
Putting the decision in action
Step 8: Evaluating Decision Effectiveness
The soundness of the decision is judged by its outcomes.
Was the problem resolved?