Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Jackie Robinson
What was he?
Where did this all happen?
Jackie was born in Georgia, played ball for 9 years in Brooklyn, and died in Connecticut.
Who was he?
Robinson was the first African American to play baseball in the major leagues.
When did he play?
Jackie Robinson played for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1947, and earned Rookie of the Year.
Jackie Robinson was a colored major league baseball player.
Why did this happen?
Jackie didn't intend to change anything to the name of baseball, he simply loved the sport.
How did this affect America?
Jackie changed the way people thought about having blacks in the MLB. He also made it OK for them to play MLB. "Maybe it's not so bad that you can have an African-American athlete participate in the so-called American sport," -Titus Brown.