Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Basic English grammar - definite & indefinite articles
Transcript of Basic English grammar - definite & indefinite articles
INDEFINITE ARTICLES THE DEFINITE ARTICLE THE INDEFINITE ARTICLE We use the definite article 'the' to talk about something or somebody that we already know, or that has previously appeared in the conversation.
The indefinite article is used to talk about non-specific objects, or before nouns referring to things being newly introduced into the discourse. Who is the president of the United States?
The doctor is very good Before nouns beginning with a CONSONANT, we use 'a': 'I work in a factory'
Before nouns beginning with a VOWEL, we use 'an': 'She is an English teacher' He is Barack Obama, the president of the United States. an eye a house