Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ch 12 News and Info
Transcript of Ch 12 News and Info
TV News Enters Golden Age
NEWS AND INFORMATION:
1704 News was dispersed
1844 Telegraph changed news
1848 Cooperative Newsgathering
1861 Accreditation of journalists
Photojournalism is born
Newsreels Bring Distant Events Home
Iconic Photographs that
Edward R. Murrow broadcasts WWII as it happens.
Kennedy speech to the nation carried on all networks.
Vietnam enters living rooms.
Watergate hearings broadcast live.
9/11 broadcasted live 24/7 without commercials.
Embedded reporters give new perspective.
Reality Shows and
Advertorials Blur the Line
Internet transforms news service.
Journalists channel public attention.
Internet sources and Social Media
Public Perception of Press Performance
Conflict of interest
24-hour News Cycle