Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Marseille
It is also the second most-populous city behind Paris, with 852,395 residents as of 2007.
Marseille is a city that is proud of its differences from the rest of France, as it has been chosen as the European Capital of Culture in 2013.
Today it is home to an important opera house, historical and maritime museums, five art galleries and various cinemas, clubs, bars and restaurants.
The most commonly used tarot deck comes from Marseille; it is called the Tarot de Marseille.
Marseille is also well known in France for its hip hop music. Bands like IAM originated from Marseille and started the rap phenomenon in France. Musée des Beaux-Arts, an art museum, is the oldest in the whole city.
The museum's collection is dedicated to the French, Italian and Flemish schools of painting between the 15th and 19th centuries. The Phare de Sainte Marie is a lighthouse built to highlight the harbor of Marseille.
The lighthouse was featured on the fourth season of the popular reality TV show, The Amazing Race. Marseille
By Zoe Robinson