Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
EDUC 332, Wk. 3, Cl. 6 (Calendar Time)
Transcript of EDUC 332, Wk. 3, Cl. 6 (Calendar Time)
Week 3, Class 6: Friday, January 27, 2017
Calendar Time Workshop
At the end of this class, students will be able to...
list ways that calendar time can be used to enhance mathematical understanding in early elementary grades
Stand Up-Hand Up-Pair Up
Think: How has your thinking about mathematics instruction shifted as a result of today's class?
Stand up, walk around with your hand up
Find someone not from your table and partner up
Introduce yourselves if you don't know each other.
Share your thoughts
Return to your seat
How are you today?
What's weighing on your mind/heart?
Readings: sign up for an article on Canvas to read for Monday. We will jigsaw these readings in class.
Article review is due
Observation at Jeffries on Wednesday, 2/1
Guest Speaker: Dr. Huechteman
Professor of Education
At EU since 1981
Formerly the Ed. Dept. Chair
Has taught reading and math methods (and several others!)
Getting started with calendar time (PDF on Canvas)
Calendar time video (link on Canvas)
Calendar time student journal page (PDF on Canvas)