Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Snowflakes!
The average snowfall each year is at least 0.1 inches.
How Snowflakes Form
How Big Can Snowflakes Get?
The Smallest Snowflakes
The smallest snowflakes are about the diameter of a human hair and are called diamond dust crystals.
Where Does it Snow?
It usually doesn't snow in most of China. It also doesn't snow in places near the equator because it is to warm.
What Are Snowflakes?
Though you may think snowflakes are frozen raindrops, they aren't. Sleet is made of frozen raindrops.snowfakes are snow crystals forming a certain shape.
A snowflake begins to form when an extremely cold water droplet freezes onto a pollen or dust particle in the sky. This creates an ice crystal. As the ice crystal falls to the ground, water vapor freezes onto the primary crystal, building new crystals
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, in 1887 the largest snowflake ever observed fell in Fort Keogh, Montana. The snowflake was 15 inches wide and 8 inches thick!
What is a Blizzard?
A snowstorm is only considered a blizzard when visibility is under 1/4 mile for more than3 hours with 35 mph wind.