Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Future Past
tell the story
from the future
what did it all look like?
stories of principals
how did they get there?
Education is our only political safety. Outside of this ark all is deluge.
(1) the public should no longer remain ignorant and free
(2) that such education should be paid for, controlled, and sustained by an interested public;
(3) that this education will be best provided in schools that embrace children of all diversities;
(4) that this education must be non-sectarian;
(5) that this education must be taught by the spirit, methods, and discipline of a free society; and
(6) that education should be provided by well-trained, professional teachers.
"Die Kunst der Künste, die Wissenschaft der Wissenschaften"
“The art of arts, the science of sciences”
"Dank der Schnelligkeit, mit der sie gehandhabt wird, ist sie ein begehrenswerter Schatz an Weisheit und Wissen"
"Thanks to the speed of access, it is a great treasure of wisdom and knowledge"
"Lernen kann deshalb keine staatlich verordnete Jugendbewegung mehr sein. Gefordert ist selbstverantwortetes lebenslanges Lernen nach Anforderungen und Wünschen der Beteiligten"
"Learning can no longer be a mere state-required youth activity. Now an autonomous, lifelong learning process according to the requirements and desires of learners is necessary."
Werner Rolevinck 1488
what grownups thought
what young people think
assessing what they know
the concept of grading students' work quantitatively was developed by a tutor named William Farish and first implemented by the University of Cambridge in 1792 (disputed - wikipedia)
Effective communication depends on the ability to read, write, and interact across multiple media and social platforms: podcasts, digital video, virtual worlds, microblogs, wikis, social networking, tagging
Backcasting starts with defining a desirable future and then works backwards to identify policies and programs that will connect the future to the present. (Wikipedia)
encompasses a knowledge and understanding of the basic principles of government as well as a basic knowledge and understanding of community ... www.nku.edu/~nkuope/definitions.html