Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Recipe- Apple Normandy tart
Transcript of Recipe- Apple Normandy tart
0:30 To Prep
0:40 To Cook
Difficutly- Capable cooks
Servings for 12
Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg and beat until just combined. Add the almond meal, flour and cinnamon and stir to combine. Add the Calvados and stir until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pastry case and smooth the surface.
Brush the apple slices with the lemon juice and arrange over the tart. Sprinkle evenly with the extra sugar. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until apples begin to curl and filling is set. Remove from oven and set aside to cool in the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Warm, sweet apples on a golden puff pastry base make are a wonderful match in this legendary pie.
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line the base and sides of a 22cm square fluted tart tin with removable base with the pastry. Use a fork to prick the base all over. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Remove from oven and use a clean tea towel to press the base of the pastry to flatten. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- 1 sheet (25cm) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 100g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs Calvados
- 2 pink lady apples, very thinly sliced crossways
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs caster sugar, extra