Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Elements of Non-Fiction
Transcript of Elements of Non-Fiction
Types of Non-Fiction:
Biography: Factual account of another person's life
Non-Fiction: prose writing about real people, places, events, things, and ideas.
Purposes of Non-Fiction:
- To inform
-To persuade or give an opinion
- To entertain
Types of Non-Fiction
Expository Writing: gives information or explains something based on facts.
Prose: Ordinary language in writing or language not in verse
Autobiography: A factual account of a person's own life, written by himself
Descriptive Writing: tells a reader exactly what something looks, feels, tastes, or sounds like.
Narrative Writing: relates an incident, anecdote, or series of events by narrating or telling a story, using a specific time, place, and character(s).
Persuasive Writing: states a view or an opinion, and supports it effectively so that the reader persuaded to accept the opinion as correct. Purpose:
to persuade or give an opinion