Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Stanford Summer HCOP
Transcript of Stanford Summer HCOP
must be a US citizen or permanent residentsophomore or junior status at the time of application
demonstrated academic or economic barriers to pursuing postsecondary education
must not hold a bachelors degree in any field in the US or other country "Not only did we...create an new world with each other, we also threw ourselves into the world of medicine "
- Praneeth, Deanza College "I'm having fun, digging deep, and dreaming big"
- Hagop, Canada College HCOP is an ideal program for students who have not yet had a summer undergraduate experience or with limited experience. A living and learning environment for motivated premedical students who can benefit from intensive exposure to medical school preparation. Stanford Summer HCOP offers:
Mentorship from current medical students
Guest lectures in the field of medicine
Clinical shadowing HCOP Particpant Benefits HCOP Instructors One-to-one advising and strategies to successfully navigate the medical school admissions process Intensive academic study in a supportive environment Ongoing support and resources beyond the program Current medical students with teaching and summer programs experience World-class Stanford faculty Staff who are committed to student development and success. HCOP establishes affinity and community among participants during their training and orientation to the Stanford School of Medicine. Participants enjoy an array of organized and informal social events Why Stanford HCOP? HCOP enables students who have faced economic or academic challenges to achieve their dream of successfully pursuing a career in medicine. Students have access to resources at a leading medical education institution Group and individual mentorship meetings with Stanford Medical Students. Guest Lecturers from medical and public health organizations Summer HCOP holds a mirror up the to participant and encourages them to evaluate their knowledge, skills and attitudes about the field of medicine Critical evaluation and research of medical literature These experiences enable students to see the field of medicine from various perspectives community scholarship Group and
individual mentoring Research in key areas of health Clinical shadowing at the Stanford Hospital Program Highlights Access to electronic resources at the Lane Medical Library Research articles
Databases Student Testimonials Thank you! "...people believe in you so much that it is not if you go into medical school, it's WHEN you go to medical school."
- Juliet, West Valley College "Here, we’ve learned that we have the capacity to lead, the strength to combat issues that are important, and the passion to engage others"
- Onyemaechi, Temple University Participants develop learning strategies to successfully master science curriculum innovation Weekly Themes Accessing Resources
Health Risk Factors
Ethics in Medicine
Career Guidance and Choices Clinical decision tools
Images and videos A six-week intensive residential program that targets Bay Area sophomores and juniors seeking a career in medicine and planning to serve in the Bay Area as physicians Networking with peers who share similar goals Mars Residence An introduction to the MCAT and other academic/test-taking strategies Anatomy and cellular biology classes Weekly classes on leadership and exposure to careers in medicine Live on campus