Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Case Study: A New Kind of Structure
Transcript of Case Study: A New Kind of Structure
Q1: what DID pfizer DO with its pfizerworks?
Q2: WHAT structural implications – good and bad – does this approach have?
Employees will be able to concentrate more and be more efficient and effective on their own tasks
Pfizer has made a functional departmentalization by outsourcing the tedious and time-consuming tasks to the team in India
Chain of command
No change in this. Physical proximity is farther
Q4: What role do you think organizational structure plays in an organization’s efficiency and
Q3: CAN this arrangement work for other types of organizations? Why or why not? What types of organizations might it also work for?
Yes, because it would help on increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the organizations. It will work well in organizations whose core activities do not involve any P&C items like marketing firms, PR, etc. It does not work well for banks or other financial institutions as the probability of info leakage is higher.
Span of control
Will be reduced
Centralization and decentralization
More towards decentralization
"And let there among you be a group of people who invite to all that is good, who enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong." (3:104)
Launched in early 2008, permits some 4,000 employees to pass off parts of their job to outsiders.
Offers Pfizer colleagues customized, just in time knowledge worker support – available 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, on demand at literally the click of a button.
: With workers in India handling everything from basic market research projects to presentations, professionals can focus on higher-value work.
: to allow Pfizer colleagues to focus on core knowledge work.
5 pillars in islamic of the Islamic organizational structure
1) Run their affairs through a decision-making body
2) This body must be chosen by the community
3) The decisions reached are binding on every member of the community provided those decisions do not conflict with the clear teachings of Islam
4) If differences arise, they must be referred to God and His Messenger
5) A process of continuous correction, reform and improvement through education or public criticism
Organizational structure plays a key role in empowering a company to function smoothly, to remain responsive to its internal and external stakeholders, and to adapt to changes in the marketplace.
Innovation is assisted by fewer layers of management, and the survival and success of a company is usually depends on its ability to function as a learning organization that promotes innovation.