Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CANADA SALES TEAM PRESENTATION
Transcript of CANADA SALES TEAM PRESENTATION
THAT WAS THEN!
THEY PAID GBP.280,000 IN Manchester FOR A 500 SQ. FT. HOME!
(National Post Jul
SAY HELLO TO BRENDON AND AKUA SCHATZ
- Canadians dreamt of "Monster Homes"
- Moved to the "burbs" to start a life or family
AND ASPIRE TO LIVE HERE!
- "urban clustering"
- Millenials (born after '83) are used to living "downtown"
- Space is not the symbol of status it once was
CITIES ARE RE-ZONING!
220 SQ. FOOT CONDOS
VERY, VERY, SMALL!
400 SQ FT. CONDOS
300 SQ. FOOT MICRO LOFTS
SO - INCREASINGLY THEY LIVE IN SMALL, EFFICIENT SPACES
IN CITIES LIKE THIS!
290 SQ. FT. CONDOS
SMALL SPACE LIVING IS NOT A FAD. It's a global phenomenon!
It's a major trend and here to stay
Globe and Mail, Sep 19, 2012
Paying more for less: Canada's shrinking living room
“People are becoming accustomed to living in smaller spaces,” added Barry Fenton, chief executive officer of Lanterra Developments.
On Thursday, Lanterra will begin marketing its Britt condo project, on the site of Toronto’s former Sutton Place hotel, and 85 per cent of the units are between 400 and 700 square feet.
Manhattanization of Toronto
Globe and Mail July 2012
Living space getting smaller
Wall Street Journal, October 2012
TROUBLE IS- IT'S CHALLENGING
The “Manhattanization” of Toronto” will change family housing dreams
It's like Hong Kong, Tokyo, London and Paris.
"If you want to live in central Toronto, you're going to have to live in a tiny flat. Families will be forced to buy into high-density living. It's the natural evolution of a city!
The growing interest in Murphy beds comes as Americans are building smaller homes and making fewer changes to their existing houses.
Online inquiries for wall beds have doubled in the past 18 months, says Ginny Scott Cook, V.P. California Closets.
ON THE ONE HAND! :)
IS IT TOO TRICKY? TOO COMPLICATED?
Too expensive to buy and install?
BIG, BIG, BIG REVENUE!
A beautiful, complete wall bed solution!
A beautiful, simple install!
Almost "No Tools required"
Not a single cam, dowel or hammer
Lay - persons can assemble!
IN LESS THAN TWO HOURS!
BUT IT'S NOT JUST APARTMENTS
- Detached Home owners
-2nd, 3rd 4th bedrooms
-Children’s room nooks for sleepovers
-Decorative space opportunities
ON THE OTHER HAND :(
Where are they NOT FOUND?
WHERE "WE" SELL PRODUCT
TECHCRAFT IS ASKING THE QUESTION
AND OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS
CAN WE INNOVATE AND COOPERATE ?
REVOLUTIONARY EZ WALLBED SYSTEM!
HOW ARE THEY CHANGING?
SMALL WILL SEEM MASSIVE
NEAR WILL SEEM FAR!
CHEAP WILL SEEM UNATTAINABLE
EMPTY WILL BE FULL
EXPENSIVE WILL SEEM REASONABLE
AND ASPIRED TO LIVE HERE
The Canadian "Dream Home"
THIS WAS OUR CLUSTER!
ALSO - AFFORDABILITY, GLOBALLY, IS A MAJOR ISSUE!
ESP. FOR YOUTH
IF THE WORLD CHANGES
WE WORKED HERE
NOW THEY WORK HERE!
Some rooms are extra small and need a sideways or "Landscape bed"
Side mounted piece allows for more "room setting" options
Entry Level beds for students!
- History of doing business together
- Ready set up for distribution across Canada
- Major investments in marketing and promotion
- All products are web ready!
- Support at shows and training events
- Familiarity with billing, invoicing etc.
WE WILL CARRY OVER PROGRAM ELEMENTS FROM CE DIVISION AND ALLOW YOU TO COMBINE PURCHASES TO ATTAIN TARGETS, making it easier for both divisions.
2% NET 20, EOM
Central Billing 2.25%
V/R same as CE.
5% AT $650K
COMBINE VOLUMES TO ATTAIN V/R
The possibilities are endless, LETS MAKE SOME NOISE!
Factories and suburban office sprawls
Here's what you need
3 Toggle anchors
Your thumbs to tighten thumbscrews
The shrinking square footage of "home"
From the NYT
The concept and storyboard
How Techcraft can make a Day and Night difference
Video: Room full of toys and kids playing and our wall unit is in the closed position
Audio: A day… (we hear the kids paying)
Fade to: Small CondoScene 1:Video: very small room with our wall bed in the closed positionAudio: A day…
They're here to stay!
With a baby!
Techcraft is a Global company with Offices in Montreal, Toronto, Singapore, Taiwan, Shenzhen and Ho Chi Minh City.
Our quest for innovation in furniture
We offer furniture for each room in the house, often with an innovation or storyline
No Tools Required TV Credenza's
Offer dealers product that they are not used to seeing
Creative, innovative, value priced, available!
Functional bathroom furniture
Entryway furniture with foldable wicker baskets
Multifunction bathroom mirror
Multi function kitchen storage
or a wall bed that installs in an hour
Techcraft and Cantrex - Partnership
We need to move on this opportunity fast!
TECHCRAFT MEGA PARTNERSHIP
- Shows and event support
- Web support - Techcraft has evolved in the online world very significantly
Images, videos multi angles are second to none!
Dealer access to all materials
- 100% Canadian operation, completely bilingual staff and support based in Laval, QC.
WORK SPACES LOOKED DIFFERENT!
Wallbeds are NOT JUST FOR APARTMENT dwellers living in the sky!
Techcraft has surveyed the first five hundred customers of wallbeds and the results made us go ---
Here are some results that surprised us!
MOSTY DETACHED HOMES!!!!!!
Techcraft's analysis and conslusion
This is a WIDE OPEN MARKET! We can cater to two major demographics with a segmented product offering!
MATURE CUSTOMERS (born prior to '83)
MILLENIAL CUSTOMERS (born post '83)
- Space not as much a constraint
- Styling more traditional
- Price not as much an objection
- Ease of assembly priority
- Space a constraint
- Styling more modern/youthful
- Younger/ Price more an objection!
- Assembly not so much
Provide a solution to retailers to address these two segments
Techcraft has a once in a lifetime product!
TODAYS CYBER DEALER TRAINING AND INFO SESSSION
- Introductory module - (Mike S. and Ramesh S.)
- What led us to this industry?
- Product Module (Ramesh S.)
- Competitive Module (Ramesh S.)
- Dealer Module (Ramesh S.)
- Web Module (Neil G.)
- Order Processing and Delivery Module (Magdy S.)
- Consumer Module (Magdy S.)
- In store display tools Module (Ramesh S.) and Techcraft Support
- Tools required to open up accounts/ process - what's needed.
- Feedback session
Manufacturer sets suggested retail price
Dealer buys at an invoice price/ buys inventory
Dealer sells to consumer /Consumer picks up or dealer delivers.
Dealer pays Vendor on Terms – ex. Net 30 or 60.
Buying Groups get their cut
Total back end programs are about 12.5%
Up front Gross Margins are 50%
Total package is 60-62%
Dealer buys inventory, respects minimum order quantity
Techcraft min ship is $3000.
Dealer stocks inventory, handles stock, is often left with old stock
Dealers often push manufacturers for Markdowns.
IT'S A NIGHTMARE!!!!
LIMITATIONS OF OLD WAY
Retailers unlikely to devote much room to a new category
VERY unlikely they will show entire selection – maybe one.
Heavy, bulky inventory, handling etc is a challenge
Three massive boxes PER set.
Highly inefficient system
Pockets of unsold inventory all over the country.
Some dealers in stock, some dealers out.
-Techcraft’s margin needs,
- plus retailers margin needs
- plus buying group needs
= UNREASONABLE RETAIL PRICE POINTS
Business is slow, inefficient, NO SALES VELOCITY
Price wars, margin attrition, complaints from dealers
THE NEW WAY!
- Bring back sanity to the marketplace
- Enable dealers to prosper
- Reduce the burden of inventory
- Increase the quality of customer service
- Increase the pleasure if doing business FOR EVERYONE!
- Dealer pays for and displays a demo
- Dealer carries and handles no inventory
- Dealer sell product to customer
- Dealer margin is 30%
- Dealer turns around and places order to Techcraft with customer info
- Techcraft ships to consumers home.
- Techcraft send YOU a Commission$$ Check!
Can we do THAT again?
Competition is scatterred
17 week delivery
Must purchase custom mattress
$900 assembly charge
Delivery in small geographic area
No web fulfillment
High price points $5000 to $10,000
No solid wood finishes – only Euro styles
Solid woods/ veneers
7-20 day delivery
North American standards for bed sizes
Any 10/12" mattress will work
Solid Metal frame
Aggressive price points, generally under $3000
Styles suited to Canadian market
Much Much better!!
They open up sideways!
How about a piece with a desk built in
WE WANT TO
PIONEER A REVOLUTIONARY METHOD
INTRODUCE A REVOLUTIONARY PRODUCT
SELL THE FOLLOWING NUMBERS THROUGH YOUR DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL
THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX
93% Pleased/Extremely pleased!
Perhaps a bit more "minimalist"?
Or ornate ?
Prefer the cool elegance of white veneers?
Or do you want the whole Kit and Kaboodle?
We are not just in the business,
We are SERIOUS about this business !!!
Showroom on wheels!
Feedback and support session
Annual Sales meetings
Dealer feedback on products
How do we sign up a thousand dealers?
Sales reporting tools
Channels of communication
Keep your laptop/coffee mug IN PLACE!
As you LOWER - THE - BED!!!!!
HOW ABOUT A DAZZLING SERIES OF VERSATILE MATCHING SIDE CABINETS ??
THE NEW WAY!
Bruce views wallbed at store
Dealer Places order
Techcraft receives order
Techcraft gets products ready
20% commission = $400
5% commision on net sales = $80.00
Techcraft delivers to Bruce's home
SOLID WOODS AND VENEERS OFFERRINGS
EASY ASSEMBLY SYSTEM
EURO COMFORT WITH SLATS
FIGURED OUT RETAIL DISTRIBUTION!
WOOD AND VENEER OFFERINGS
IN HOME DELIVERY!
FIGURED A WAY TO INVOLVE RETAIL
THE PATENT STORY!
Techcraft has a world wide patent pending on the design idea of
CREATING A WALLBED WITH A METAL FRAME THAT ATTACHES TO A WALL AND ATTACHING THE WOOD PANELS TO THAT METAL FRAME
WE ARE DEALING WITH THE YOUNG UN'S AND THE OLD 'UNS
FIRST LETS DEAL WITH THE YOUNG UN'S
CONSIDER THEM TO BE AROUND
OR UNDER THE AGE OF 30
Bestar - Found on line but not in retail stores
- Long time to assemble/ Melamine finish
- Have to find them, expensive and time consuming
Retail stores that specialize
- Inexpensive but cheap materials and limited designs. Ficus more on function than looks....still need installers and is a painful process.
Marketing/ PR and In store strategy
Techcraft has a multi pronged approach
- Marketing Video's
- Completely redesigned website coming
- Public Relations efforts to create a news footprint
- Social Media to create a digital footprint
- Designer Challenge to add credibility
- In store Point of purchase material
- Image booklet/ Trifold
Point of Purchase
Stand up displays
Tells a quick story
Invite people to
take a sheet
Will be mailed out
with the product
Detailed 4 fold sheet
Glamour story catalog
Updated as new models arrive
THE DESIGNERS CHALLENGE
- 10% on all opening orders from the current price list!
- Canadian company with headquarters HERE!
- Great service, speedy response, S.W.A.T team approach
- In house graphics team,
- In house design team for custom designs
- All your questions are a phone call or an e mail away.
- Catalogs, spec sheets, video's, pdf's, JPEG's, images, angle shots all available in dropbox!
A look into 2015
2013-2014 was all about
- Setting up
- Working out the kinks
2015 will be about stepping it up
- Avante Garde series of product!
The benefit of innovation is a headstart
Our competition is
- Unable to address retailers
- Behind us in construction
- Patent less
- Not as innovative
- Working on a small scale.
Half of the wallbeds were placed in BIG ROOMS
These beds are going everywhere!
HOW DO WE TAKE A MESSY, CONFUSING IMPOSSIBLE TO ASSEMBLE AND HANDLE CATEGORY-------
AND MAKE IT A
EXPERIENCE FOR RETAILERS!!
It's a WIDE OPEN opportunity
The new Avant Garde series