Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ch. 1: Speaking in Public
Transcript of Ch. 1: Speaking in Public
Public Speaking vs. Conversation
*Tell a story for max. impact
*Adapt to feedback
"Anxiety over the prospect of speaking in front of an audience"
Public Speaking in a
*U.S. is most diverse society on earth.
*Over 1/4 of foreign-born population in the U.S. lives in California.
*311 languages spoken in the U.S.
*Socrates, Plato, Aristotle
*Logos, Pathos, Ethos
*State vs. Trait
*Positive Nervousness - controlled
nerves that give the speaker energy.
Survey: Communication is a ‘vital skill’ for today’s business leaders - PRSA execs. 2011.
Survey: Communication and critical thinking skills are necessary for success in the workplace -Corporate Voices.
Survey: Forbes, Dec. 2013 says public speaking
will boost your workforce value by 50% in 2014.
Ethnocentrism: believing one group's
superiority over another.