Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ch. 1: Speaking in Public
Transcript of Ch. 1: Speaking in Public
Public Speaking vs. Conversation
*Tell a story for max. impact
*Adapt to feedback
"Anxiety over the prospect of speaking in front of an audience"
Public Speaking in a
*U.S. is most diverse society on earth.
*Over 1/4 of foreign-born population in the U.S. lives in California.
*311 languages spoken in the U.S.
*Socrates, Plato, Aristotle
*Logos, Pathos, Ethos
*State vs. Trait
*Positive Nervousness - controlled
nerves that give the speaker energy.
Survey: Communication is a ‘vital skill’ for today’s business leaders - PRSA execs. 2011.
Survey: Communication and critical thinking skills are necessary for success in the workplace -Corporate Voices.
Survey: Forbes, Dec. 2013 says public speaking
will boost your workforce value by 50% in 2014.
Ethnocentrism: believing one group's
superiority over another.