Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Challenge of Group Decisions
Transcript of The Challenge of Group Decisions
Reactive decision making / Quick-fix solutions
Poor ability to predict outcomes
Stagnation and inability to innovate
Maintenance of the status quo
Poor levels of social and environmental responsibility
Rushing to conclusions
The quick vote
Sunk cost trap
Lack of response
The Abilene Paradox
Cost benefit analysis
Nominal group technique
Steps in Critical Decision Making?
Identify the problem
Generate and evaluate alternate solutions
Choose an option and perform due diligence
Implement the solution
Repeat as a part of a continuous improvement cycle
What tools can I use to avoid traps?
Effective (Critical) Decision Making
Have you considered a wide range of options?
Have you consulted widely?
Decision Making Traps
Points of Consideration...
Have you thought through potential +/- consequences for your business ?
Have you considered how various decisions will impact a range of stakeholders?