Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Pinterest
Jan 2012 Pin Repin Board Key Terms: Note: Pinterest Isn't Only For Girls! The History of Pinterest: How It Is Used/ Useful: Ben Silbermann As a child, Ben loved to collect things. It was his passion.
Everything from stamps to insects In his mind, what a person collects says a lot about who they are, deep down inside. He even referred to his wife's closet as a collection of shoes and clothes. Ben admitted he sees the world as a series of people's collections. Worked at Google prior to developing Pinterest "Google had the audacity to think at a really big scale," said Silbermann.
"Like, nobody does that! It was inspiring" Evan Sharp, Ben Silbermann, and Paul Sciatta
co-founded Pinterest. Development began in December 2009
and a closed beta version launched in March 2010 Silbermann personally contacted the first 5,000 users. He has given many of them his cell phone number and continues to communicate with them. Slowly Successful When asked why he didn't give up during the tough first year, Silbermann said, "The idea of telling everyone we blew it was so embarrassing. I thought, 'Google is never going to take me back -- they barely hired me the first time!'" Pinterest took a while to catch on. Good thing he stuck with it... Aug 2011 - Time Magazine listed Pinterest in its "50 Best Websites or 2011"
2012 Webby Awards- Pinterest won Best Social Media App and People's Voice Award for best functioning visual design Referral traffic is used to describe visitors to your site that come from direct links on other websites rather than directly or from search engines. "boys are visual by nature" Well, Pinterest has pictures.
Lots of them.
In fact, that's all Pinterest is. "Pinterest could quite possibly provide the easiest, most effective method for helping you make that dude from The Notebook look like a cold-hearted jerk." Women on Pinterest often use very direct phrases such as "I love this" or "I need this." They can even organize their pins into categories, often conveniently named "recipes I must try," "clothes I want," or "stuff I wish my boyfriend would buy me." The idea here is that if you have a girlfriend/wife/love interest with a pinterest, figuring out the perfect gift or meal to make has become a whole lot easier! Here's that thing you've wanted for months, babydoll! Omg, you do pay attention when I tell you things! (Saw it on her Pinterest) If you click it If you
pin it Features: - Only you can see these boards
- currently allowed 3 secret boards
- can invite a friend to see and contribute to the boards Secret Boards Pinterest is ideal for: -People who need inspiration for crafts, weddings, trips, recipes -People who work with kids- teachers and moms -People who like procrastinating on the internet -Magazine readers-- typical content -Companies that wish to advertise or utilize to the demographics listed above If one of your friends has a board devoted to wedding dresses and another board devoted to funny posters, you can choose to follow just the latter. Pinterest also offers an option to just follow certain boards. --We're making so much money, let's take a picture of every street-- Sources http://www.bitrebels.com/social/9-ways-that-guys-can-use-pinterest-infographic/ http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=709&tbm=isch&tbnid=y01TqPV1nsPyUM:&imgrefurl=http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustration-9080535-i-love-you-cute-boy-girl-giving-a-gift.php&docid=alviKM3LKLFsCM&imgurl=http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/9080535/2/stock-illustration-9080535-i-love-you-cute-boy-girl-giving-a-gift.jpg&w=380&h=380&ei=yPaiUJJwpIfRAbTDgUg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=447&vpy=353&dur=2441&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=116&ty=107&sig=109829454574772537165&page=1&tbnh=143&tbnw=149&start=0&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:18,s:0,i:125 http://www.himterest.net/ http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20120222/BLOGS06/120229955/pinterest-strong-enough-for-a-man http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=709&tbm=isch&tbnid=_gzFXMntvcJOfM:&imgrefurl=http://paidcontent.org/2012/05/17/confirmed-pinterest-is-taking-100-million-and-will-do-e-commerce/pinterest-logo-icon1/&docid=EdgApEvQHddGeM&imgurl=http://gigaompaidcontent.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/pinterest-logo-icon1.png&w=550&h=300&ei=craiULKeEcen0AHf_4CgCw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=779&vpy=150&dur=617&hovh=126&hovw=236&tx=146&ty=68&sig=109829454574772537165&page=1&tbnh=126&tbnw=236&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:87 http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=709&tbm=isch&tbnid=uBQ0HNRyC0hSMM:&imgrefurl=http://houseofpeanut.blogspot.com/2012/02/why-i-hate-pinterest.html&docid=VOaIK-y-cdpAqM&imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rxh3p6jg2Kk/Tz1TiRoLyMI/AAAAAAAAAYY/C-UWPzPXhTs/s400/chart.jpg&w=400&h=334&ei=PAWjUJTuE8fz0gHFlYCgCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=751&vpy=150&dur=4820&hovh=205&hovw=246&tx=189&ty=92&sig=109829454574772537165&page=3&tbnh=133&tbnw=159&start=66&ndsp=35&ved=1t:429,r:71,s:20,i:347 https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=AfyByLwiIe8&noredirect=1 http://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopoulos/39-ways-men-use-pinterest http://www.famousbloggers.net/history-pinterest.html http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/tag/ben-silbermann/ http://www.ehow.com/info_8366104_referral-traffic.html http://adage.com/article/special-report-digital-alist-2012/ad-age-digital-a-list-pinterest/232932/ http://www.fastcodesign.com/1669189/pinterests-founding-designer-shares-his-dead-simple-design-philosophy http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-03-13/tech/31158694_1_google-experience-products-silbermann-said