Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Jews in Elizabethan Times
Transcript of Jews in Elizabethan Times
for spreading the Bubonic Plague by the Christians. Christians believed the Jews had magical powers that they received from the Devil. Jews were associated with witches. Jews had been restricted to two occupations: money lending and peddlers. The Jews were not allowed to have legal businesses or employment. The city was locked to the Jews from sunset to sunrise. They lived in ghettos outside the city. The Jews were portrayed as greedy men in plays and literature. In the Middle Period (1290-1655), Jews were not allowed in England. The natives did not want competition from the Jews. The English often thought anyone who was not Anglican as a tool of Satan. Overall, Jews held a low position in society and did not have much freedom in politics.