Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Nucleus Presentation
Transcript of The Nucleus Presentation
What does it do?
The nucleus is known as "the brain" of the cells activity. It sends messages and instructions to other organelles. It controls eating, reproduction, and movement in the cell.
is a dark area within the nucleus. It is almost like a smaller nucleus inside the nucleus.
The nucleolus' job is to produce
are proteins. The ribosomes that are produced get sent to the
Where is the nucleus?
The nucleus is usually located in the center of the cell.
Eukaryotic cells contain a Nucleus, prokaryotic cell do not contain a nucleus
Both plant and animal cells contain a nucleus. They are eukaryotic cells.
The Nuclear Envelope
The nuclear envelope is a structure that surrounds, protects, and supports the nucleus.
is found inside the nucleus and it is a mass of genetic material made of DNA and protein.
Frontiers in Genetics. NCCR Frontiers in Genetics, 2001. Web. 11 Dec. 2013.
The Center for Unhindered Living Children's Spirituality. N.p., 2006. Web. 11
Dec. 2013. <http://www.unhinderedliving.com/DNA.html>.