Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Work and Power
Transcript of Work and Power
Work is the transfer of energy that occurs when a force makes an object move.
Two conditions must be satisfied for work to be done
1. The applied force must make the object move.
2. The movement of the object must be in the direction of that force.
Power is the amount of work done in one second.
Work vs. Power
Regardless of how fast you do something the amount of work is the same.
The amount of power changes based on the amount of time it takes to do something.
Work Requires Energy
When work is done the result is an increase in energy.
If there is an increase in energy then there must also be a loss of energy.
This is because energy is conserved!
Units of Work
Work is measured in Joules
The symbol for Joules is J
Units of Power
Power is measured in Watts
The symbol for Watts is W