Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Introduction to Unseen Poetry
Transcript of Introduction to Unseen Poetry
The skills you will need.
Get into teams of four
Exploding the myth
It's only a poem !
Today's learning Intentions
to get an overview of the skills you are being tested on in this part of the GCSE;
to get a picture of which skills you have already;
to try out those skills by looking at examples from two poems.
GCSE English Literature
Give your team a name
You will now read some questions based on some of the skills you may already have.
Don't panic because it's a multiple choice quiz.
It will not be too difficult for you to understand because you will be doing lots of unseen poetry practice !
(ascertaining what you know already)
Identify what this poem: "Invictus" is about.
The Skills You Need
1. Explain what the poem is about.
You can help each other !
your ideas. (
3. Explain how the
The choice of poetry form (
used to catch your imagination.
What might have happened to the speaker in the poem ?
to support your ideas.
How is the poem divided up ?
Does the language of the poem have any impact on you ?
Does it rhyme ?